Relationship Failue
Hi. I am a 29 yr old man. I was in a relationship for 6 yrs & it failed in the end just before starting talks for marriage between families. Since then I have been very sad & uninterested in everything around me. My parents r very good & take good care of me & they want me to marry now but I don't feel interested in marriage. I feel like staying single forever. I am successful in my work, hence i keep myself busy there, but sometimes i feel very uneasy thinking of marriage, i shed tears on pillow, sometimes feel difficult to breathe & feel uneasy in chest, sometimes don't get sleep all night thinking about future, sometimes don't feel like eating. I am also an introvert who is not socially active, so I have a very small circle of trusted friends. Am i normal ? Is it OK not to marry ? I don't want to spoil a girl's life by marrying if i am not fine. If not, what should i do to help myself ?

Ms. Hema Sampath
Counselling Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

It's definitely  OK if do not want  to marry.  Who said you are  not fine   to get married? !!!  You need of get married because it gives an amount of satisfaction and acceptance by someone one and only for you. I think you know that already. Do visit  an expert  and a counselling regarding your past and your future.  All the best.
Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

Give yourself some time. Your thoughts will change for good..
Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani
Psychologist 6 yrs exp Vadodara
its okay to feel sad and cry, but you should divert your mind to something you like when you feel sad. as far as getting married is concerned, give yourself sometime and then decide, don't just rush into things.
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hi, I'm sorry about your previous relationship ended but I have to ask you, have you been able to move on from that relationship? Because it does seem like you have some hang up about it. However, its okay to feel nervous about getting into marriage, after all its a serious lifetime commitment. None the less you need to have a very strong reason for being aversive towards marriage. If you have a valid reason then you can continue leading a happy life of solitude. But if this only due to fear then you definitely need to talk to somebody who is a professional as they can help you overcome your stress and make objective decisions.