Rehumatic fever

I was under the treatment of every joints pain (rehumatic ferver) since last 4years
every month I took the injection (pencom 12)
but injection is so painfull thats why I don't want to take any more

Dr. told me u have to take injection life time

there is any cure for this  plz help

views-icons 105 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Rehumatic fever

Dr. Sharath Kumar Bangalore | Rheumatologist
hi there are many cases causes of pain in the joints not all of them are due to rheumatic arthritis. I find the fact that you  developed rheumatic arthritis at 17 years of age a bit odd because the risk of developing rheumatic arthritis significantly reduces after the age of 16 years.

the first thing you need to do is to meet a Rheumatologist so that it can be confirmed whether you actually have rheumatic Arthritis or not.

if you do have rheumatic arthritis (i.e. it is confirmed ) then there are alternatives to the injection.

The duration that you need to take the medication depends on the effect  the disease has had on your heart. if the disease has affected your heart then your doctor is right, you need to be on the medications for a very long time.  however if your Heart is safe then we do not usually give the medications for such a long period. Also as I said before there are alternative to the injection including tablets.

hence before proceeding further I think the first approach you need to do is to meet a Rheumatologist at the earliest you can also ask for the questions to me on my website www.rheumatologybangalore.com