Regarding vision loss and CMV retinitis
Dear sir my patient Dheeraj is a HIV positive patient In this year in May he suddenly had redness in left eye and then vision lost I showed to doctor and they diagnosed CMV retinitis They started Ganciclovir 1000 mg TDs along with omnacortil Condition improved gradually and suddenly after two months again reversal happened and attacked on both eyes again the treatment was repeated In May he had brain stroke and he was merely unconscious for 15 days and after that his vision became PL He claims that he is able to see but not able to tell what he can Kindly suggest the possible options

Hi He needs complete visual assessment including VEP test if required