Regain fairness

Hello respected doctors I am 23 years old and I used to have a very fair skin since my childhood but since playing sports in 2010 when i was 18 years the part of the skin which is directly exposed to sun is tanned i.e face, neck and hands and the remaining part which is unexposed to sunlight is fair as it is..can you please help me out as someone said there is chemical peel to regain back normal skin but before going for it Can you please suggest me some cream or ointment or what ever which is available here In Hyderabad to detan my skin which is safe.. doctors want to see structure of skin before any conclusions but skin is just normal nothing to be observed its just not tanned to due sun and the portion unexposed to sun is fair tell me creams to get rid of tan and regain my fairness for all skins i.e face hand and neck available in Hyderabad Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (1) on Regain fairness

Hi. Greetings. Sun tanning can occur even with short exposures and this is a protective mechanism of skin which is called immediate pigment darkening. Don't worry, continue to use a sunscreen of high SPF at least around 30 - and reapply every three or four hours if exposed to sunlight for long duration. The following precautions would help you : 1. sunscreen should be applied half hour before sun exposure 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm in case of dry skin. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. 3. Use Peeling agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan. Chemical peels and micro derm abrasion is also an option. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist as to rule out any other causes of skin pigmentation. 5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Hope this helps. Warm regards.