Reg partial tear in acl
Hello doctor.. As few months ago my leg was twisted during play.. while doctor examination my leg was locked while moving my tibia bone... and I undergone MRI...it shows that i had an partial tear in ACL and an medial meniscus damage..an grade 2 tear...while i have an locking of knee while sitting down i decided to go for surgery...but my surgeon repaired meniscus and anchored that.. but ACL was not repaired.. he said that after while examining inside OT my acl was tear but it was not about to repair...so ACL was not reconstructed and meniscus only repaired..is that ok to sustain with that partial torn ACL... kindly give an consult..thank you

A partial tear in ACL, if not giving instability to the knee, can be left alone without reconstruction. However, the operating surgeon would be the best person to answer your questions specific to your case.