Reg Alergy

I have a pet (Cat)in home,My family members and friends are suggesting to avoid it because it sheds lot of hairs.So far from past 2years i have not faced any health problems because of it. Its a hard descion to take for me. So i require expert opinion ,Please help me by answering my below questions. 1)My wife is asthmatic .So far no probs caused becuase of my pet,will it affect in long term? 2)We are planning for baby,will it cause any problem to baby? 3)Whether Keeping cat is safe? All vaccination done for it. Request Experts to give their suggestions Thanks in Advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Reg Alergy

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well if the hairs are too small then it may a part of air and act as an allergen..
It may aggrevate asthma...coming to your second question..i don't think it's a problem to your baby.keeping cat is safe...many people keep cats as pets... generally they don't shed that much hairs don't worry...thank you