Redening of eyes

From my childhood, my eyes turn red every now and then. More now during night shifts in office. I've consulted many doctors and used many ointments which provide temporary relief. What could be the sole reason behind this ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Redening of eyes

Dr. Rahul Jain Bangalore | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello sir

There could be many reasons for redness. Cannot point out one particular reason.

With the way you have given your history, it looks like as if you have had allergic conjunctivitis since childhood which may have been seasonal.

Now that you have started working with computers, even Computer Vision Syndrome/Dry Eye Syndrome is affecting your eyes and causing more redness and discomfort.

Likewise I doubt there could be one solution to your problems. Please visit your ophthalmologist or you may also visit me. We need to diagnose the condition first. You will need to understand the problems. And I am sure you would find relief with the treatment. Probably not 100% but to an extent that it would not hamper your daily working.

Thank you.