Radiating pain-right hip

The pain in the upper hip is discomforting and is now radiating to the groin and the knee. I hurts to bend as I do daily chores. The pain is severe when I ride a bike to work, lift a weight, carry the office backpack, soon after I wake up or even when I sit for long periods.

Doctor Answers (1) on Radiating pain-right hip

Your pain seems to be due to spondylitis in the lumbosacral region. You may take some pain killer and do some hot fomentation. Physiotherapy will be helpful. In the mean time you should ensure good nutrition, proper rest and Yoga exercises like deep breathing.
You should consult your family physician for better understanding of the problem and treatment. You may need certain investigations like X ray and CT scan etc and may have to consult ortho surgeon. But if any surgical intervention is advised, you must take a second opinion.