Query about steroids
I had a fungal infection near private parts. A doctor suggested me to apply fucidin and MOMOZ-t. i got to know that MOMOZ-t contains Mometasone which is a steroid. Is the use of steroid advisable? If yes then in what quantity and if no why many doctors prescribe medicines having steriods?

Dr. Surendra Singh Bhati
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Indore
Don't use this cream for fungal infection Use terbinafine twice  cream on it keep d area dry Consult a dermatologist
Dr. Srinivas C
The inflammation along with the fungus can be tackled by using steroids only for a week after that plain antifungal should be used till all the fungus is cleared. Please do not use any steroid based cream for more than a week especially in the groin or folds.