Puss in injured leg

Hi Sir, My Brother met with an accident 30 years before and got fractured in his left leg under Knee. so the skin over that wound will be very thin. Rarely he used to get hit at the same place. Recently puss is coming in that place. He went to Ortho and had few medicine and cream. But still its not completely healed. Getting puss often. From X-ray doctor told there is some mild infection. So kindly advice how to proceed on this.
views-icons 79 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Sagar KS
General Physician 2 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello sir, it looks like reinfection at operated site. You need to take antibiotics either intravenous or oral, depending on severity. It needs regular dressing ( alternate days). Send for pus culture,cbc, if any fever blood culture. Keep the wound always clean and dry. Consult your orthopedician for treatment.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?