I want to get hypnotised. i wanted to recall few of the incidents and faded memories. I used to reamin quite and depressed all the time

Doctor Answers (1) on Psycological

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, Being a hypnotherapist as well as a psychologist, i would give you little idea about hypnosis as a mode of treatment for understanding any past situations. In our life, everything that we see, hear, taste, touch or feel from beginning is stored in our brain however mainly those things which had generated strong emotions like excitement, anger, embarrassment etc. are readily recalled by us. We are conscious of these memories and unconscious of the rest. When you fall asleep you are unconscious and wake up to reach conscious state, the state in between is like hypnosis. Hypnotic state is a bridge between conscious and unconscious. When it comes to memories which are hard to accept or face, they might remain in unconscious as a precaution to protect you from the shock, however those might come out in some form unconsciously in dreams or without your awareness. Having said this, also remember that our mind is not so simple or limited to our own sensory experiences. It has the capacity to think about or visualize certain things and store them also as real memories just the way movies are created by directors imitating real life situations. Hypnosis as a mode of treatment helps you the best, when you have a specific issue to be resolved. It could bring out few memories from past and help you resolve them. If you go for other modes of therapies, they also help you focus on the impression you are carrying currently and further mould your life the way you like by understanding and learning from past as well as present. Make your choice and address your depression.