Psychological problem

My mother have a very high obsession on hygiene. As my papa told it is since there marriage but now it is getting worse. She wash her hands like 8-9 times and it takes about 1 hour! She also tell us to wash our hands for small things like after touching any thing which is not clean(according to her). She takes so much time for bathing or anything related to hygiene like cleaning home. I have searched on internet and found she have OCD. Also, she have got epilepsy from 2 years and taking regular medicines for that but still she gets some seizures one or two times in a month. I think her epilepsy is related to this obsession so i really want to find a solution for her ocd. Please help me as soon as possible because she is getting weaker day by day.

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychological problem

You see that your mother has seizure disorder with ocd. Her seizures are uncontrolled so we have to either change her doses of medicines or change of medicines. Since she has ocd, she requires antidepressants very seriously. She surely needs a psychiatrist and a neurological consult.