I'm having a lot of mood swings lately they are in literal extremes. I'm sad one moment for no reason and happy and excited in a span 15-30 min this has happened pre & post my menstrual cycles and increased irritability during my menstruation. Please tell do I need to pay attention to this? I've stopped socialising too
views-icons 141 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychological

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
From what you have mentioned prominent symptoms appear to be mood instability and shifts, which are prominent around your mensuration cycle. In addition you mention decreased socialization as a possible symptom, or consequence of your mood instability. I would most definitely recommend a comprehensive evaluation for your health condition. Where the psychiatrist is likely to assess factors like your mood symptoms besides what you have mentioned, biological functions like sleep and appetite, history of mood disorders with you or your family, the distress and dysfunction caused by these symptoms to you, mensuration cycle history and possible hormonal studies, etc. Such an assessment seems necessary and will not just help you control your symptoms, but also rule out any other psychiatric disorders related. So I would strongly urge you to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you. Hope this helps you..