Psoriasis of scalp
Sir/Madam I have psoriasis of scalp (not extreme) from past 3 years. I went to skip specialist but there is no improvement it reoccurring. There is extreme hair loss, even though it regrows there Is thinning of hair. What measures I have to take to control psoriasis of scalp. Regards

Dr. D.P. Jayanth
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Mysore
Psoriasis and severe dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis ) look exactly the same. Treatment is initially with tar containing shampoos and steroid lotions. In difficult to diagnose cases, scalp biopsy is needed. A piece of skin is taken from the scalp , after local anesthesia injection. Pathologist and dermatologist discuss the microscopic findings and arrive at a diagnosis. You may need it. Kindly consult dermatologist soon.