Protera i causing problem

I was diagnosed by IBS constipation and mild gastritis(by endoscopy). I was prescribed Protera i. The thing is it is giving me nauseous feeling. I stopped taking it for 2 days and got relief from nausea. Please note that I am not able to contact my doctor, therefore asking it on Practo. Why Protera i causing nausea? Is it a sign of bacterial overgrowth?

Doctor Answers (1) on Protera i causing problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Avoid problem foods. If certain foods make your signs and symptoms worse, don't eat them. These may include alcohol, chocolate, caffeinated beverages such as coffee and sodas, caffeine, dairy products, and sugar-free sweeteners such as sorbitol or mannitol.... Eat at regular times. Don't skip meals, and try to eat about the same time each day to help regulate bowel function.. if you're constipated, eating larger amounts of high-fiber foods may help move food through your intestines..