Protein intake

I want to loose weight and increase muscular mass. I am pure veg so for protein i depend on fruits vegetables soyabean chana rajma and dal.My question is can i eat soyabean chana etc cooked or i should go for eating them as "bheega hua Raat bhar''then eating in morning. which is good? as i don't like taste of bheegahua

Doctor Answers (1) on Protein intake

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Fat deposition happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Ask yourself these questions about any diet plan you're considering:
Does it include various foods from the major food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, low-fat dairy products, lean protein sources and nuts?
Does it include foods you like and that you would enjoy eating for a lifetime — not just for several weeks or months?
Can you easily find these foods in your local grocery store?
Will you be able to eat your favorite foods, or better yet, all foods?
Does it fit your lifestyle and budget?
Does it include proper amounts of nutrients and calories to help you lose weight safely and effectively?Is regular physical activity part of the plan?
adjust your diet according to your taste,budget,availability etc
Consult dietitian fallow the diet chart can see the beneficial effects within a month..