Premature greying of hair

My hair has been greying since the last 3-4 years. I am a software professional and have no addictions. I complete 10000 steps daily and walk to work (not much exposure to pollution). No family history as well. What could be the cause and how can I stop further greying?

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hello Premature graying of hair can stem from hereditary conditions. A deficiency of Vit B12 as well as thyroid dysfunction could also be causing the same. Acute stress could be worse in this condition. A new hair serum is now available that helps to arrest further graying of hair.  Do meet your dermatologist for further information about the same
Dr. Srinivas C
Greying of hair is a common conditions which affects individuals from the second decade onwards though younger age can also present with premature greying of hair. The causes of early onset has been attributed to the genes , stressful lifestyle , improper nutrition , chemical used for hairs, thyroid disorders . A thorough history and investigations will help in the management of greying of hair.