Premature grey hairs

I'm having grey hairs much only in right side of the scalp now I'm just 23 I consulted to a dermatologist she told that it is in ur genes so can't help so pls tell me there is no solution for this And also I'm having hairs in my upper lip and in chin how could I remove that if its lazor treatment how much it costs

Doctor Answers (1) on Premature grey hairs

Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
A shaft of hair is basically colorless. Cells in the follicle, called melanocytes, add pigment. The pigment, called melanin, comes in two basic varieties — eumelanin and phaeomelanin — which combine in different proportions to create the vast range of hair colors, from jet black to ash blonde. For a long time researchers assumed that, with age, melanocytes simply become less efficient at making pigment. That may be partly true. But recent studies  have shown that age brings a steady decline in the number of these pigment-producing cells. Not all hairs respond in the same way or at the same time. So the graying process usually is gradual. You can't prevent graying. Some people start graying in their 30s, and some not until their 60s. Genetics likely play a strong role in graying. People rarely go gray overnight. If they do, it's typically due to alopecia areata. This condition causes the thicker, darker hairs to stop growing before it affects the growth of gray hairs — giving the impression of graying overnight. Alopecia areata eventually causes roundish patches of hair loss or complete loss of hair on the head or body. Its cause isn't known...consult dermatologist