Premature Grey Hair

Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old and my hair is greying since the last five years. It was less in the initial years but since the last year, it has increased. I do suffer from mental stress and depression from the last two years. I am a occasional smoker. Is this why it has increased a lot ? Please tell me how reduce this problem and what to do for the already grown grey hair ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Premature Grey Hair

Greetings. Reversing grey hair to black is indeed among the tough results to show to a patient since this is a multifactorial problem. Since in most it's genetically mediated, it's tough to reverse or treat. However there are certain peptides and newer molecules application of which may be worth a trial. It's also important to rule out hormonal irregularities and nutritional deficiencies. Increase intake of oral anti oxidants. Meet a qualified dermatologist near you for further advise. Hope this helps
Further queries can be sent on Practo Direct / or on direct consultation with appointment