Premalignant lesions

Hi, I have a history of 6years of gutkha chewing. Suddenly I gave up this habit seeing white discoloration in my mouth and chronic gum bleeding while brushing teeth. Went to the doctor to show this. He said you have some leukoplakia pathches and others are just white discoloration.He prescribed me some medicines "1. Supplima Sachet(Joras Oncology, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Glutamine and Selenium.) 2.Vitamin A chewable tablets and 3. Cohex Mouth wash." He said nothing to worry you will be fine. These are premalignant lesions but you wont develop cancer as you are two young. But I am not seeing any improvement in the condition of my mouth after using all these medicines for 1week. Even a got a new white patch on tongue.What shoud I do? Should I wait for few more weeks or should consult any other. Refer the best doctor at pune if possible for oral cancer/oral premalignancy diagnosis and treatment.

Doctor Answers (4) on Premalignant lesions

These premalignant lesions develop over a long period of time and it also takes time to heal. Cessation of guktha chewing is the first step you need to take .the supportive measures provided by your doctor are really good .you need to give it time .they ll regress slowly provided u stop gutka or any form of tobacco chewing or smoking and also follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Best advice to you would be to stop the habit of gutka chewing. The white patches may not completely go but could regress in size. Continue with medication precribed and the home remedy. Suppliment your eating habit with lots of fruits and vegetables, they are the best natural sources of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Follow up with the concerned dentist once in 6 months. If deemed necessary you would be given instructions for further viable treatment options.
Hi...no need to worry. First you quit habit, that itself is a treatment. Premalignant lesions come slowly and they go very slowly. It would take at least five years to see a good mucosa once you quit habit. Continue the same medication given by the doctor. You can also do a natural remedy at home everyday night before sleeping. Take turmeric powder, mix it with olive oil to form a paste and apply this on the lesions for two months. Regards
Dr. Ankit Khanna Pune | Periodontist
I think you should visit a specialist he should be an M.D.S in Oral Medicine . Usually it takes time for the patches to go as they are based on weak body immunity. And you will be tensed till you have the correct answer and dianosis this tension will further reduce the body capacity to heal . So its better to visit the right kind of specialist who will get all the test done and come to a right conclusion and treatment .