Pregnancy Related
Am 39 weeks pregnant.. tonight I felt too much of baby movement with very strong moves for more than an hour or two. Does too much movement indicate labour is near ? Or is it that baby is adjusting itself .. Or everything OK with this kind of strong movement.. I couldn't sleep and was bit worried due to heavy movements during mid night 2.00am. Why this might be? Any specific reason? Pls suggest

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

More than 10 baby movement should be take as normal.. Kindly consult your obstetrician and do non stress test for fetal wellbeing....
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, heavy movements are not normal, better consult your Gynecologist at earliest for well-being of baby in uterus. Excessive movements is indicative of fetal distress. If abdomen is becoming tight intermittently ,then it might be early labour pain.