Pregnancy

My last menstrual period are over on 19th March 16 and for fungle infection i've consulted Skin specialist on 30th March 16, he gave me an itraconazole, the tablets are over on 11 april 16. since my periods are late so i took home pregnancy test on 30th April 16, it came positive. After that i visited Gynecologist for consultation and all reports are normal. Hence my query is, is it safe for my pregnancy? we are trying from last one year.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...don't be alarmed. Itraconazole belongs to pregnancy category C drug. It means it can affect the foetus if taken during pregnancy. However it doesn't necessarily mean it has to affect it. Also taking any drug, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy is not advisable. From the timeline you are mentioning, you might not have been pregnant when you took the tablets. Kindly consult a obstetrician and explain to them about the tablets you have taken. They will be able to evaluate you further