Pregnancy Doubt

We are recently married couple(marriage in february). We have checked the pregnancy of my wife during July and it has shown two lines on the strip and as we consulted doctor next day, they confirmed the pregnancy and told that she was two months pregnant by then. They informed us to take a scan and other tests during third month. Due to some reasons, we couldn't attend for tests in third month. Instead we went to hospital in fourth month. To our astonishment they told that pregnancy was not there. We took UTP, ultrasound and other tests to confirm that. All tests showed a negative result for pregnancy. And the doctor informed that my wife has PCOD issue. Actually she has obese body since long and even when she has undergone tests for thyroid and pelvis ultrasound scan one year ago, there is no sign of PCOD at that time. We couldn't be able to notice what has gone wrong here? Why the pregnancy has shown positive at first and negative later? Please tell your valuable opinions. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy Doubt

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...
Well the best test for confirmation of pregnancy is the ultrasound scan... Urine pregnancy test is just the initial test suggested for pregnancy...it can give false positive results too and false negative too...it is not a confirmatory test...always pregnancy should be confirmed by ultrasound scan.... it's quite possible that you have not confirm the pregnancy by ultrasound test... even if one year ago PCOD was not there and now it has been detected it is quite possible because it is just Hormonal... even after Pcos you can conceive please consult a proper gynaecologist thank you