Pregnancy and no period

Hello doctor, My periods had to come on 27th of april last month but i took Norethisterone twice a day for 4 days to delay my periods. While that time i had sex but the condom got torn. After 2 days i took unwanted 72. One week has passed, i m still not having periods. I took home pregnancy test , it showed me negetive results. But still now i am not having my periods. What should i do? Is there any possibilities left of pregnancy? What should i do now? M very much worried. Please doctor please help me asap. Thankyou

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy and no period

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You will miss period if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle....it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.