cancer-icon

Precancereous Lesion

I had a tobacco chewing habit of 5 years. I was dignosed with precancerous lesions.hav quitted tobaco for 4 months now.There was a small white granular structure at RMT region.doctor said its leucoplakia.after biopsy the result came as moderate dysplasia with koilocytic change.it was 3 months ago.removed wisdom teeth.The biopsy site has a white discolration. No more lessions in mouth. But still i am living with the fear of getting cancer.how should i confirm that the dysplasia won't cause any harm? Should i repeat biopsy of the same site again? When should i go for another biopsy if yes? I heared koilocytic change means HPV infection and chance of getting cancer is high.doctor took oral swab for HPV 16 and 18 test. The report was negative.my local surgical oncologist says just wait and watch nothing gonna happen.went to TMH mumbai preventive Oncology dept. They are also saying to wait. What should i do to get confitmation and peace of mind?

Dr. Shubham Jain
Surgical Oncologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

If you have consulted various doctors, all with the same opinion, then just stay calm. Don't worry. Just be vigilant for any change in the nature of the lesion in that area. Do frequent self examination. In case you feel any change consult immediately, otherwise after 3 months.