Potential case of phimosi

I'm 23 years old and the foreskin of my penis doesn't retract. I'm highly concerned and worried about it. It there a way to heal it non surgically or would I have to go for circumcision ? Also, is it possible to have sexual contact with phimosis(I'm guessing it's phimosis, since the skin doesn't retract) wearing a condom ? Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Potential case of phimosi

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Phimosis refers to the inability to retract the distal foreskin over the glans penis. Pathologic phimosis defines an inability to retract the foreskin after it was previously retractible or after puberty, usually secondary to distal scarring of the foreskin. Paraphimosis is the entrapment of a retracted foreskin behind the coronal sulcus. Paraphimosis is a disease of uncircumcised or partially circumcised males....Up to 95% of cases of phimosis have been shown to respond to application of topical steroids to the preputial orifice, although some studies have suggested that this response rate may decline several months after the regimen is completed. An initial attempt at medical intervention has been shown to reduce costs by 27.3% in comparison with primary circumcision as a treatment...consult nearest urologist they will help you further Regards