Portal Vein Hypertension

Please help me in this regard...I am effected with Spleenomegaly and Portal Vein Hypertension from 4 years and also had esophagus varices and recently had evl banding  twice. Even now I didn't see any change in my health condition..what is the root cause and permanent solution for my problem? I am not active at all
views-icons 35 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Hi, Liver transplantation is the ultimate shunt, because it relieves portal hypertension, prevents variceal rebleeding, and manages ascites and encephalopathy by restoring liver function. It is the treatment modality that has significantly improved the outcome of patients with Child-Pugh class C disease and variceal bleeding.
Dr. Ravindra Gaadhe
Gastroenterologist 7 yrs exp Ahmedabad
this is incomplete history. what is the cause of portal hypertension? if u have only portal hypertension and no cirrhosis than u have fair chance of improvement. so don't get depressed ,,consult nearby medical gastroenterologist.