Poor eye sight

I am wearing spectacles from the age of 9. And now for the past 6 years i have shifted to contact lens. My eyesight power is increasing every year. Now the power on my left eye is SPH -8.00 CYL -1.75 AX 140 BC 8.7 DIA 14.5 and the power on my right eye is SPH -8.00 CYL -1.25 AX 030 BC 8.7 DIA 14.5. I am highly worried and depressed about my eyesight. I can't even think about surving without contact lenses. Is there any cure for this problem or this will last till my end. Now my age is 21. Is there any surgery procedures to cure this. Please help me. Regards anu

Doctor Answers (3) on Poor eye sight

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try a. Contact lens b. Lasik laser as your age is now 21 years so your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number becomes stable at age of 18-20 yrs. Having said that I advise you to eat balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy. As you are not comfortable with contact lens then go for lasik. Lasik is a very easy and painless procedure. If you want to get rid of glasses then go for lasik.
Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Keep checking your refractive status every year. It usually stabilises in the mid twenties. Your power should remain same for a year at least. After that you can go for LASIK surgery to get rid of your contact lenses. There are a few other tests which the ophthalmologist will do to ensure you are eligible for surgery. If all the tests are normal, the you can go ahead.
Dr. Krishna Bhojwani Nagpur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
wearing contact lenses is not a problem only you need to take extra care of lenses and hygiene. power of the eye usually increases till the age of 19-20 yrs of age and remains stable after that. Lasik is an option to get rid of your glasses provided your corneal thickness is adequate and retina is normal an corneal topography is normal.