chest-icon

Pneumothorax Chest Tube

I was recently diagonsed 3 times over a period of 1 month for pneumothorax. Chest tube was inserted 3 times as diesease reoccurred. Finally in good major hospital of South Delhi, after endoscopy, suction machine, one inflammable liquid was poured into my chest via chest tube. Now there are 2 issues :- 1. There used to be pain sometimes in different small parts in my affected lung. But When I want to get up after sleep, i used to have too much pain too much where the tube was inserted. Pain killers don't help. I need specialist help. 2. I need to know when this hole caused by chest tube would be healed as my main doc said dressing can be done at any local hospital. I need to know the time of healing this and is it safe to do this hole dressing in any nursing home?

Dr. Raghavendra Reddy
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi ya it will heal in 3 eeks time as said by doc. its safe just see that dressing done after autoclaving the disposables they use it.