Pitted scars post chicken pox
Hello Doctor. I am a 26 years old female and I had Chicken pox on 26 February 2017. It has been 3 weeks since and the pox has left deep scars on my face and body, some of which are pitted. My query is: Will these marks ever go? I am really scared of the pitted scars (like craters) on my face which look really ugly. Will they ever flatten? My confidence has hit rock-bottom. I get depressed every time I see a mirror. I am applying coconut water and aloe vera gel on the scars as of now. Please help me doctor.

Acne can cause red or brown discoloration and uneven skin contour. Usually multiple types of treatments are needed for maximum improvement. Patience is key since the full effect is often not seen for several months. Skin discoloration and texture can be improved with topical treatments like hydroquinone and Retin-A, but for deeper scars and more significant discoloration, other techniques are needed. Please see a Dermatologist personally and start proper treatment.