Periods related Issue

I am a 30 yrs old female. I had sex around 3 weeks ago and took I-pill just after 2 hours of it. This month my periods are delayed by 4 days but Iam having all the signs of it like back pain, breast soreness etc. but periods are not coming. What should I do as I am very tensed. Please guide me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Periods related Issue

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle.