Periods issue followed by

Hi..I'm 28 yrs old..been 6 months that I have got married.. Used pills to stop period at the time of marriage.since den, period got delayed by 10 days in the preceeding months. This hpnd fr 2 mnths.frm 4th mnth, Havnt got periods. Now it's been 2 months, 25 days that I have not got my period.scan is done.. Pfa the report.waiting for beta-hcg test. In dis while, I've got one more issue.. There is pain in my breasts.. Nt sure why. Plz suggest

Doctor Answers (1) on Periods issue followed by

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there. U have Pcod ie polycystic ovarian disease which is syndrome with group of symptoms due to elevated levels of androgens and testosterone(male hormones) in females. Causes include obesity, sedentary lifestyle, family history. Symptoms include irregular periods with/without heavy flow, acne, excess of facial and body hair(hirsutism), dark pigmented dry skin around neck( acanthosis nigricans),difficulty in conceiving. Treatment includes lifestyle change, weight loss, sometimes oral pills to regularize cycles, drugs like metformin also help a lot. If your planning pregnancy then clomiphene wil help you.Pcod is got nothing to do wit the pills you used to postpone periods during marriage. Pain in breasts could be due to hormonal changes in your body. Other causes would be fibroadenosis, breast abscess. Take pain killer and even after that pain persists then complete examination has to be done to know the exact cause so visit your physician once.