Periodic Dysentery

Hi, can a 62yr old take zanocin oz to treat mild amoebic dysentery? Doc suspects my father in law has got mild amoebic dysentery as he has following symptoms: 1. Frequent periodic dysentery 2. Mild pain in abdomen 3. Occasionally vomits
views-icons 214 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹150 for 24 hrs

hello there. we cannot say what medicines he can take without examining him. but ornidazole/metronidazole/ tinidazole are used in the treatment of amoebic dysentery. but I would suggest you go ahead only after consulting a doctor in person. regards
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?