Period problem

Hi..am 29 years old female.. married.. no kids.. I used to have normal periods of 4 to 5 days with flow and pain on first day but from past few months my flow is very scanty on first day with no pain..and actual pain and flow starts from 2nd day..and rest of goes normal 4 to 5 days.. is this change in pattern normal?

Doctor Answers (1) on Period problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
scanty periods has many possible causes...it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.