Period pain

When i menstruate i feel pain in lower abdomen and nausea also. I take MEFTALSPAS to get rid of the pain. It happens on 1st or 2nd day or both days of period. My periods are regular, 28days cycle . I am married from last 6 months and gained 4kgs weight after marriage. Please suggest me something . Should i go for ultrasound ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Period pain

Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi. Dysmenorrhoea is a common condition and can be treated by analgesics. You can contribute meftalspas if it's helpful. You are overweight for your height. 8-10 kg weight loss over next 4-5 months will be helpful. I suggest a detailed gynaecological evaluation.
ultrasound pelvis, TSH
Healthy diet and regular exercise will help you lose weight
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Experiencing severe pain during menstruation is called Dysmenorrhea. If the paincommences from 4-5 days prior menstrual cycle, it may due to pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis. Also, your body weight is more than your height. Have you been diagnosed with PCOS? I would suggest visiting a gynecologist for further evaluation and management. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further examination. My clinic offers varied gynecological treatments and services and ensures a successful treatment. You can also share your contact details to reach you.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Pain during periods is medically known as dysmenorrhea... Most of the time it's spasmodic or primary dysmenorrhea due to increased prostaglandins..it may be due to fibroids as well... If the pain is starting 4 to 5 days prior to the periods suggestive of secondary dysmenorrhea it may be due to pelvic inflammatory disease,endometriosis etc...over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium , at regular doses starting the day before you expect your period to begin will help you. Prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as mefenamic acid, also are available...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and for evaluation they will do the needful