Period due

My last period was on 27th of Aug and i had unprotected sex on 5th of Sept and my period was about to come on 20th of Sept as i am having 24 to 25 days of cycle. But m tensed that am i preagnant as me and my husband are not ready for baby yet? Before 6 month i had pills abortion as prescribed by doctors, If again i had same abortion does it will effect my future ? In next year we will be planning for baby Please suggest me .

Doctor Answers (2) on Period due

Hi, Don't worry .....5th sep is ur 10th day and normally ovulation occurs during 14-18th day according to cycle. So with my experience i think ur not pregnant this time.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Wait for 1 or 2 days...you can get home pregnancy test done...Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle..Consult gynecologist they will do the needful.