Perianal abscess
I had a lot of pain near perianal region, there was a lump found. Abscess was observed after ultrasound scan. I have surgery tomorrow, but the pain is reduced now and even the size of the lump is reduced. Medicine I had for 2 days are : Cobadex forte Orni O Pantocid Ultracentrifuge Now, should I get an ultrasound scan done again if the abscess has reduced to avoid surgery? Please suggest.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  I do not think what you are planning to do is right or not because i have not examined you and also haven't seen the scan reports. If there is a abscess, then the fluid will have to be drained. There is no other option. Consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Hello....... Abcess need to drained even if swelling size reduces... Prompt surgical drainage is important, preferably before the abscess erupts. Superficial anal abscesses can be drained in a doctor's office using a local anesthetic. Large or deeper anal abscesses may require hospitalization and the assistance of an anesthesiologist.So don't avoid surgery.