Peptic ulcer

My mother is dibetic and suffering of peptic ulcer doctor in my home town recommended surgery. Also had problem of critenine which is under control. Also had a history of blood pressure. What would you suggest whether we must go for surgery or treat with medicine only. Was hospitalised and intake the medicine for curing ulcer however not yet cured.

Doctor Answers (1) on Peptic ulcer

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, it is hard to tell without seeing her condition and without seeing her lab tests. Since your doctor already seem them and advised for surgery, so she may need it. What you have to consider is her age and multiple Co morbid conditions like diabetes, altered creatine and advanced age, hypertensive - since it is a major surgery all these would affect her prognosis. So before surgery ask in detail about benefit versus risks of proposed surgery with our doctor.