PEP treatment

I had an unprotected sex with sex worker for one time. I asked her for the hiv status of her. She said that she has done 2 months back and it was negative. I took her to the hospital on that day itself and hiv test . It came back negative. But I consulted a doctor about it and he said to start pep treatment. He suggested to take raltegavir zepdon 400 mg tablets for 28 days. I started on the treatment on that day itself twice a day. But I started researching on google about the treatment failures. I am worried if in my case if it fails. When to get tested for the results. It's been 3 days taking the tablets. should I go for a 2nd opinion regarding the medicines. Please help me. I am so worried that I couldn't get sleep also
views-icons 76 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Venkat Raghav
General Physician Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Hello... Rather than worrying so much you could have used condoms for sexual intercourse ... But you don't need second opinion I think , whatever you are doing is maximum ... You continue taking pep treatment and test for HIV after 3 months ...chance of HIV with 0.1 % so don't worry , use precautions next time.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?