Penis red rashes
I have red rashes on my penis foreskin. And it gets agitated a lot if i dont keep it dry all the time. I consulted urologist and he said to see a dermetologist. I am not sure of going to a dermetologist about this problm. Is there any recommendation here and what shiuld i do
136 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there...I can understand your concern. The urologist has advised you correctly only. Why are you hesitating in consulting a dermatologist. They are experts in dealing with genital lesions. From your description you could be suffering from simple balanoposthitis to herpes. It can only be diagnosed after complete clinical examination and detailed history taking. So kindly consult a nearby dermatologist for further evaluation. Till then use only lukewarm water to wash your genitals. Avoid any soaps or antiseptics like dettol.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.