Penis red rashes

I have red rashes on my penis foreskin. And it gets agitated a lot if i dont keep it dry all the time. I consulted urologist and he said to see a dermetologist. I am not sure of going to a dermetologist about this problm. Is there any recommendation here and what shiuld i do

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. The urologist has advised you correctly only. Why are you hesitating in consulting a dermatologist. They are experts in dealing with genital lesions. From your description you could be suffering from simple balanoposthitis to herpes. It can only be diagnosed after complete clinical examination and detailed history taking. So kindly consult a nearby dermatologist for further evaluation. Till then use only lukewarm water to wash your genitals. Avoid any soaps or antiseptics like dettol.