I have fracture in pelvis(inferior ramous). Of late in the latest ultra sound abdominal scanning, there is prostrate enlargement, significant post void remains of urine. Urine bladder is normal in size and contents. I underwent inguinal hernia mesh treatment for the left side during 2001 and hernia is reported to be seen in the right side as well. In the circumstances, whether surgery for hernia is to be done before taking laser or otherwise surgery for prostrate problem? In case I resort to laser surgery for prostrate at first will it not be a problem when I go for hernia surgery in future. Kindly advice me as I am in dilemma. Urologist is not sure as to whether I have significant prostrate problem to be resolved or to he has to treat me for the urinary problems ( frequent urge to urinate and Post Void issue) through medication. Kindly advice me in this regard.

Doctor Answers (1) on PELVIS FRACTURE

Dr. Vinay Gupta Bilaspur | Sexologist
First go for medical treatment of ur prostate problem. Donot worry for small hernia. It can be taken care later on.