PCOS Irregular cycles

Irregular periods. I was on Yasmin tablets for 6months.Gynaecologist told that there is no cure for PCOS.has prescribed medicines and has told has life long I will have to take medicines .Is it true?.Does PCOS affect fertility ?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question Pcod affects fertility because of the difficulty with releasing eggs from the ovary. Other factors affecting fertility and conception include an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone, insulin resistance and raised Prolactin and testosterone levels all of which are common in pcod sufferers. Pcod is a lifestyle disease. Until you change your lifestyle and base it on regular exercise, strict nutrition and correct weight it continues to cause health issues including higher risk of obesity diabetes hypertension and cancers. Your doctor is right. Its still your choice how you would like to live your life but these choices might be the cause of your pcod. You can read more on WWW.patient. co.uk