PCOS and pregnancy

Hi, I am late in period by 6 days. As per my period cycle I was supposed to get period 4 or 5 days before the last period date (i.e. 7th November)..7-8 months before i diagnosed with PCOS and was on medication for 3 months and was getting my period normally. I have hypothyroid too. My husband and I are planning for baby. My home tests are negative, is it happening coz of PCOS again or there is chances of me getting pregnant. Thanks in Advance

Doctor Answers (2) on PCOS and pregnancy

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
There is no reason  why you should  not conceive if you get the correct information .In nature, healthy  reproduce. I am sure if I evaluate your case, I can show  you  the root cause of the problem  and how to reverse it.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... Urine pregnancy test is negative, so chance of pregnancy is ruled out.. Since you have both pcos and hypothyroidism both could present with irregular periods... Consult gynaecologist and check your ovarian reserve, ,.. Try for 5 to 6 months. Then you can go for other methods.