Pcod problem

What is pcod problem? What is PAP-LBC test and for what it is recommended? My doctor says i bleed during sex because of wrong penetration. What it means?

Doctor Answers (2) on Pcod problem

Dr. S K Bakshi Delhi | General Physician
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It may cause irregular periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS can also cause unwanted changes in your physical appearance. If not treated in time, it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart diseases. A PAP smear test is a screening test to see if there is any infection or to detect any precancerous lesions. If there is some erosion on cervix, which can cause bleeding during intercourse
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, Polycystic ovary syndrome  is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. If your overweight reduce your Weight with exercise, exercise alone can make ovaries to release ovum, if not you need hormonal therapy. Nothing to worry now, it can be managed, Consult your gynecologist. A Pap smear (also called a Pap test) is a screening procedure for cervical cancer. It tests for the presence of precancerous or cancerous cells on the cervix, the opening of the uterus.