PCOD OR PCOS

Hi, I am 28 year old unmarried women having PCOS. Hieght 5 6'' and weight 55 kgs which is normal. I don't eat junk foods. I don't have diabetes or thyroid.I only get periods when i take medicines. So now I have stopped taking any medicines and trying to be cured naturally. Going for yoga. Recently, I read in one article that there are certain vitamins and minerals essentials required for regular menstrual cycles and I am quite sure we might some important vitamins in our day to day food. I am Vegetarian. Can anyone suggest me for a nice nutritional supplement like Bio-HGF forte or Garden of Life Vitamin Code Women's Multi? Should I go for it as I tried all regular medicines like contraceptive pills etc. May be vitamins supplements can help me to solve my problem

Doctor Answers (4) on PCOD OR PCOS

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Only supplements  and diet cannot reverse  PCOS but a holistic approach  can.Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, you have started with everything so wait for 3 months with these naturo therapy . If you r pcod also the main treatment is lifestyle modification as you already started. If still you r having problems after 3 months come and meet.
Though it's unfortunate but great u've took it head on yeah yoga n cardio workout sure help to resolve  n reverse the status.
get examined by Gynaecologist n investigate. it'll Surely add value as the issue sucks reproductive age n disturb ur further goals of life
Ayurveda really offers amazing outcomes as its now lifestyle issue by bit of Detox n Rasayan Therapy
Dear Practo user, Vitamin supplements are not meant for treatment of PCOS. Have you been fully evaluated? What about other hormonal studies?