Paruresis (Shy Bladder)
I am suffering from Shy Bladder (Paruresis in medical terms). I find it hard to urinate in urinals in public toilets when it is crowded. Though I can urinate in closed cubicles in those situations. The things get worse off when there is someone known present in the restroom.Based on my internet research, I have found that 7% Americans suffer from this anxiety related problem. A lot of help is present there in the form of Counselling, CBT, Workshops, Support groups, hypothesis etc but I hardly find any help in our country.It feels as if this condition is confined only in developed countries that surely should not be the case as the common sense suggests. Can any psychiatrist in India (better if in Gujarat) can help me out. I am not a severe case but it affects my life very much. Sometimes I spend a lot time thinking about this problem and it consume a lot of my time that I would otherwise invest on my career. Problem has somewhat improved with my efforts but still am far beyond cured.
133 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Amit Jagtiani
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Rohtak
There are plenty of counselors available in our country. Look for a good clinical psychologist in Ahmedabad, you will surely find one.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?