Parotitis mumps
I am having mumps since last 5-6 days (Left side chicks below the ear is swollen )and loose motion since last 25-28 days. The frequent loose stools occurs daily for 4-5 times. This didnt cause fatigue or weight loss and sometimes there are normals stools also. Also I have chills . Is the diarrhea because of mumps virus?

Dr. Rashmi T V
Hi First thing is that not all swelling in the neck is due to mumps.... Second is that loose stools are not due to mumps .... Both of which needs evaluation..... If it's parotitis due to mumps treatment is symptomatic...