Paraplegia bladder mangem

My dad had 3 month back Spine injury because of road accident and hav at T5 to T8 decompression now paraplegic and having lot of pain in back and burning feelings below knee..so like to know what best can I do ..in medicine and whether its common in all spine injury patient..and how to teach him up intermittent catheterization still on full silicone catheter since last 3 month so need help what I do now 4 future.. staying in our e...place where he can learn..pls help me we are in very worse situation...

Doctor Answers (1) on Paraplegia bladder mangem

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, i went through your query , it is very difficult to teach or advice completely,about this condition in this platform. What you need to understand is,, it can't be cured, but treatment may help Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong Paraplegia can occur after a spinal cord injury. It's caused by damage to the vertebrae, ligaments, or disks of the spinal column. Paraplegia is the loss of muscle function in the lower half of the body, including both legs. It is a multispeciality approach. Rehabilitation, medications and medical devices allow many people with spinal cord injuries to lead productive, independent lives. And yes burning sensation is common after surgery, but need to consult your doctor check whether it is just because of surgery or due to any other complications.