Paneer/cheese digestion

Cheese/paneer and milk cause gas to me. I am thin vegetarian and want to gain weight. I don't have lactose intolerance; it's an indigestion problem. Kindly let me know how I can make them(cheese and Milk) more digestible. Can we add something in it, or can we make them in a different way? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on Paneer/cheese digestion

Ms. Huda Shaikh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there,

In order to digest foods like cheese and paneer add these to your regular meals and consume a small quantity of each of these.Do not try and consume too much at one go.You can add cheese to dosa/sandwich/paratha and similarly you can add paneer to Sabzi/Sandwich/Rice.
Also for better digestion have a tsp of ajwain with a glass of warm water before going of to bed.This would be of great help.

Dr. Amit Verma Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Here u have to work to.improve ur digestion. Just try out a simple home remedy... Take a pinch of dry ginger and saunf... Boil in 100 ml of water.. nd drink this water before meal