Painful sex
We are trying for sex since our marriage past 6 months. Everything goes well till foreplay. But as soon as my husband touches my private part with his private part, i feel very weird and  uncomfortable. And from that moment i start loosing the interest, and when he insert i feel immense pain. used lox 2% but no gain.
266 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hithysh BM
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
hello der If an infection or medical condition contributes to your pain, treating the underlying cause may resolve your problem. Changing medications known to cause lubrication problems also may eliminate your symptoms. For most postmenopausal women, dyspareunia is caused by inadequate lubrication resulting from low estrogen levels. Often, this can be treated with topical estrogen applied directly to your vagina. The drug ospemifene (Osphena) was recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat moderate to severe dyspareunia in women who have problems with vaginal lubrication. Ospemifene acts like estrogen on the vaginal lining, but doesn't seem to have estrogen's potentially harmful effects on the breasts or the lining of the uterus (endometrium). Drawbacks are that the drug is expensive, it may cause hot flashes, and it has a potential risk of stroke and blood clots. Therapy Different types of therapy may be helpful, including: Desensitization therapy. During this therapy, you learn vaginal relaxation exercises that can decrease pain. Your therapist may recommend pelvic floor exercises (Kegel exercises) or other techniques to decrease pain with intercourse. Counseling or sex therapy. If sex has been painful for a long time, you may experience a negative emotional response to sexual stimulation even after treatment. If you and your partner have avoided intimacy because of painful intercourse, you may also need help improving communication with your partner and restoring sexual intimacy. Talking to a counselor or sex therapist can help resolve these issues.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.